Canada Makes is a network of private, public, academic, and non-profit entities dedicated to promoting the adoption and development of advanced and additive manufacturing (AM) in Canada. It is an enabler and accelerator of AM-adoption in Canada. The network covers a broad range of additive manufacturing technologies including 3D printing; reverse engineering 3D imaging; medical implants and replacement human tissue; metallic 3D printing and more.
Canada Makes will achieve its objective through the following activities and initiatives:
- Signature of collaboration agreements between organizations that want to partner in organizing events or promoting the adoption of additive manufacturing. see our list of partners
- Organization of technology demonstration sessions and training workshops to raise awareness about the potential of 3D printing for your business. see our list of events
- Participation in trade shows and conferences on additive manufacturing. see our list of events
- Creation of a network of individuals interested in sharing their views and receiving updates from Canada Makes.
- Advice on how to get funding to achieve your additive manufacturing projects. click here for a list of funding programs
As designers and engineers extend their capabilities, and as additive manufacturing offers increasingly complex, geometric shapes, high-performance polymers, and metal-based systems, the possibilities for production are endless. We hope that you will join us in this exciting new chapter in Canadian manufacturing.