“The good, the bad and the unforgettable” was how Prof Mihaela Vlasea described her experiences with different supports for laser powder bed builds.
About the Webinar:
Love them or loathe them, supports are literally the foundation of most LPBF builds. Getting this part of the process right is critical to success. Unfortunately it seems that recipes for good supports are often learnt the hard way, and may not be formally documented. This is the definition of art vs science. The webinar will attempt to shed light on the science of supports, by exploring many practical examples of both success and failure.
Topics covered include:
(Why) do we need supports?
- The interaction between orientation and supports, with industry examples
- A deeper dive into support strategies for medical devices
- Developing the Goldilocks recipe for supports effectively
- Support removal, advances in technology
- Neglected parameters
After completing this webinar the attendees will have developed an understanding of:
The critical importance of supports
- Decision making workflows and frameworks
- Evaluating pros and cons of build layouts
- How to develop robust support strategies for different components
Indurate Alloys Joins Canada Makes!
We are excited to welcome Indurate Alloys Ltd to the Canada Makes community! Headquartered in Edmonton, Alberta and founded in 2011 by Lorne Chrystal with a focus on thermal...
New Team Member, Nicole Rathie
We would like to welcome Nicole Rathie to the Canada Makes team, as our new Manager of Community Relations, Nicole brings a passion for building community and promoting...