“The good, the bad and the unforgettable” was how Prof Mihaela Vlasea described her experiences with different supports for laser powder bed builds.
About the Webinar:
Love them or loathe them, supports are literally the foundation of most LPBF builds. Getting this part of the process right is critical to success. Unfortunately it seems that recipes for good supports are often learnt the hard way, and may not be formally documented. This is the definition of art vs science. The webinar will attempt to shed light on the science of supports, by exploring many practical examples of both success and failure.
Topics covered include:
(Why) do we need supports?
- The interaction between orientation and supports, with industry examples
- A deeper dive into support strategies for medical devices
- Developing the Goldilocks recipe for supports effectively
- Support removal, advances in technology
- Neglected parameters
After completing this webinar the attendees will have developed an understanding of:
The critical importance of supports
- Decision making workflows and frameworks
- Evaluating pros and cons of build layouts
- How to develop robust support strategies for different components
Canada Makes is thrilled to announce the latest addition to our network of innovators and industry leaders: Sarcomere Dynamics. This cutting-edge company is on a mission to...
Insights from the AM Forum 2023 Conference in Berlin! Discover the latest trends, innovations, and candid conversations that unfolded at this year's AM Forum. Mark Kirby and...
As part of our commitment to fostering knowledge exchange and creating opportunity to further explore the industry, we are excited to host a delegation and pavilion at...