Canada Makes is a network dedicated to promoting the adoption and development of advanced and additive manufacturing (AM) in Canada. Canada Makes is focused on facilitating the connection of organizations locally, nationally and internationally to promote collaboration and innovation in additive manufacturing.
Canada Makes will achieve its objective through the following activities and initiatives:
- Signature of collaboration agreements between organizations that want to partner in organizing events or promoting the adoption of additive manufacturing.
- Organization of technology demonstration sessions and training workshops to raise awareness about the potential of 3D printing for your business.
- Participation in trade shows and conferences on additive manufacturing.
- Creation of a network of individuals interested in sharing their views and receiving updates from Canada Makes.
- Advice on how to get funding to achieve your additive manufacturing projects.
As designers and engineers extend their capabilities, and as additive manufacturing offers increasingly complex, geometric shapes, high-performance polymers, and metal-based systems, the possibilities for production are endless. We hope that you will join us in this exciting new chapter in Canadian manufacturing.
In 2014, CME started the additive manufacturing network and was instrumental in its early development and will continue to work with Canada Makes to help manufacturers learn more about the potential of additive manufacturing.